Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Time off in the middle of the week

Today I had the day "off" because Jazzman had cataract surgery. I had a sub, for whom I spent untold hours writing up detailed plans for the day, so she doesn't get completely overwhelmed, like I was the first four weeks of school. I'll find out tomorrow how that went, I don't expect great things.

I feel like I have to over plan for the sub, in case they find a way to get through the massive amounts of material that I can't even do in a day, and have extra time. There is nothing worse than extra (unfilled) time when you're a sub. You don't usually have the resources to quickly pull that proverbial rabbit out of a hat, and create a new activity out of the blue.....so having lots of material to fall back on is the kindest thing to do. In addition, it holds down the possibility of the chaos factor creeping in to the picture and adding more damage control to my tomorrow.

I thought that I'd be uber productive today, pick the garden, bake, mow, get lots of work done, since it's sort of an unintended vacation. Jazzman doesn't really need anything other than transportation and meals, so my day is pretty free. Of course I didn't get much done, mostly because I went back to bed at 10 and slept until 1...so those three hours were pretty much spent in dreamland.

I WAS busy in dreamland, though, I coached a winning football game, gave the dogs a bath, and went camping with my granddaughter. I fought off one monster on the campgrounds and killed a very large snake with my bare hands. If one can count the amount of productivity that one does while dreaming, I'd be the most productive person on the planet!

Of course my garden still needs to be picked, the yard still needs to be mowed, and the house could use a good scrub down....instead, I've decided to dedicate this day to personal pursuits of happiness. Blogging, reading recipes (yeah, my blog is nerdy mimi for a reason) and basically taking it easy.

Tomorrow, on my way to work at 6:00 a.m., I'm sure I'll be thinking, "Now, why didn't I do more yesterday, while I had the time?" But for now, I'm just going to continue my personal pursuit of nothingness. After all, I've been told that tomorrow's another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment