Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Scaring My Sister

This is going to be a pretty short post, but it made me laugh so hard, I had to share it with my adoring followers...yeah, all how many of you?

Anyway, today at the very end of the school day, I look up and see G all hunched over and coming my way with a very, very, very small piece of paper between his thumbs and forefingers. He's obviously got something he wants to show me, because while hunching over carefully to protect his treasure his GPS is definitely directed my way.

G arrives at my feet and says, "LOOOOOKKKK!!!! MS. NERDY MIMI!!!!!!!!!" (yeah, in a voice that could break the sound barrier)..."you can use this to SCARE your SISTER!" I look at him, confused and say, "what????"

G takes a deep breath, rolls his eyes as if I am deaf and dumb too, and says, "Do you HAVE a sister?" To which I reply, "Yes, and most of the time I like them."

G laughs and says, "Well, then you need to take this bug (very small, about the size of a head of a pin) and keep it for when you see her, then you can use it to SCARE her."

Me..."OH....that is SO COOL! And YOU GOT IT." I took the bug, admired it's fantastic beauty in spite of it's small size and fantasized about putting it in the bottom of my sister's (one or other) water glass after Christmas dinner....or just planting on top of her pile of mashed potatoes when she wasn't looking....maybe scratching her head a little and going, "This was in your hair..."

O.K. maybe I got carried away, but G was happy and I was smiling, it IS fun after all, to scare your sister...just ask Tator Tot and Felicity....they have SO many stories to tell.

I'm going back to first grade, I'm pretty sure I belong there.

No comments:

Post a Comment