Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Inspiration


Funny how, just two days after I was finished with the busiest, hardest, most stressful year of school, and I was back at it, working on building my little cottage business. I started by pairing down the product line for the canine bakery. It seems that biscotti for dogs doesn't sell well in this area, so it's no longer going to be on the shelves. On the other hand those popular shaped treats and the pretzels are back in full force!

While the baking was happening, I got inspired to make some things from the zillions of pairs of blue jeans I've collected over the years. I made some aprons, placemats, and a couple of cute purses. I decided to make some jean jewelry, which I'll work on this week. It was fun to create things, and feel productive. I've pretty much run out of jeans, so now I've got the call out to friends to give up their old jeans, upon which I'll make a donation to a charity. Otherwise there are always the work jeans at Goodwill, for $1.50 each.



Of course with all this creativity, the yard and garden have kinda gotten overlooked, so I promise, on the next day it's not raining, I'll get out and pull those weeds and mow that grass! Really...I will!

It is also hummingbird season here. The hummers came back to feed on May 17th, and now they've had their babies, so every day, outside the kitchen window it's like a jet fighter display of skilled maneuverability. Just so you know, those little hummers can EAT! I'm keeping track of the gallons of sugar water I cook up, just for my own pleasure...so I know how much it costs to keep hummingbirds in sugar water and I can better plan my budget next year!

I guess it's time to clean the house now....or maybe I'll just read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment