Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cheese in your purse

O.K. I just had to blog about this topic, because it's one of those things that, in the moment, you don't realize it's weird, but then you walk away and you tell people and they have this look of utter amazement on their faces, and you realize maybe it was a little weird after all.

Last night was a Board of Education meeting, which I attended. I attend all of these meetings now, because this is where the decision to eliminate my job was made, and I think it's too important to miss out on those types of decisions. Sometimes the board meetings are entertaining, in that you wonder just exactly what people are thinking. Sometimes they are boring because the meetings is about mundane things and the members talk a lot and express their opinions. Sometimes they are exciting, like when someone in the public is worked up about something and wants to have a chance to have their say. Last night varied between boring and entertaining. But it was a long meeting, and I had cheese in my purse!

Yes, that's right, cheese in my purse. A sealed package of provolone cheese, which I had bought on the way in . You see I had to stop at the store, I knew we needed cheese for Jazzman's sandwich the next day, so I bought some. When I got to the meeting, I realized that I couldn't leave the cheese in the car or it would melt, so I stuffed it in my purse. I mean it was air conditioned inside, and I did set my purse on the air vent, so why wouldn't that work, right? And you know what, the cheese was just fine. The problem is when I mentioned to Goody Two Shoes that it was a good thing the meeting didn't go any longer 'cause I had cheese in my purse, when things sort of took a turn for the worse.

It seems that others around me heard this, and they wouldn't believe it. Because of that I had to show them..(I mean, if you have cheese in your purse, you've got to prove it, right?) and so I whipped out the cheese. This resulted in some pretty colossal teasing and disbelieving shakes of the head. I don't know what they would have done, but I'm guessing it's not putting the cheese in their purse!


No comments:

Post a Comment