Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tooth Fairy and other First Grade Firsts!

Today was MY first day of first grade. All of the complaining, researching, reading and other anxiety producing activities prior to today, were just not necessary...IT.WAS. FABULOUS!!! I mean where else can you do a happy dance, lose a tooth, find a new friend, learn that the playground "rocks," and be given crabapples (because they match your name). Seriously...where else?

I got a few things accomplished today during school

1. I did not lose any children
2. I took attendance and lunch count
3. I laughed, the kids laughed
4. I read a story
5. I laughed, the kids laughed
6. I'm pretty sure they all semi-know what to do tomorrow
7. I learned that they want me to eat lunch with them
8. I learned that recess "rocks."
8.5. When you lose a tooth in first grade, everyone needs to see it.
9. I learned that getting ready for the bus takes 30 minutes, and even then it's a bit of a crap shoot.
10. I know that first graders don't get 2 syllable teacher names...they can handle only Ms. Crab...and I'm fine with that.

I'm pretty sure that I'll have lots more stories, and I'll do my best to post as the days go on...but right now, I'm going for adult conversation with the Jazzman, and a little drink to wind down my day.

Teaching...a gift...First graders...priceless!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I knew you'd do well :) That was a given!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! I'm so glad it actually exceeded your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah....and today, when every other teacher was complaining about how tired they were, I was thinking...tired? I feel pretty good.....:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the oomph you put into teaching those cheeky junior high students a lesson must have really vamped the endurance up :)

    ReplyDelete