Saturday, August 14, 2010

One Hot Mimi!

So, it's August, and it's Ohio, and the humidity and heat combined make the outside pretty darn hot! It's the first thing anyone says when they see you...."Dang, it's hot!" I mean today, it was about 91 degrees, with 86% humidity, and just thinking about going outside made me sweat. Of course today was my errand day, which meant a good bit of in and out of the car, so I had ample opportunity to sweat.

There was a time when I was a dainty young lady, and I didn't sweat. Heck, in High School I took salt pills, because I didn't sweat enough and it caused health issues when I was competing. But that is definitely NOT a problem any longer. I buy the anti-perspirant that uses a professional football player to endorse it! I mean, when I say sweat....well that's what I mean. So, I wear as few clothes as I can, and not make people want to throw up when they see me, and I just got my hair cut to try to help with this hot thing.

In my Jr. High teaching days, I had the hottest classroom in school! Literally, in August, when we went back to school it was usually about 86 degrees in my room by 10:00 a.m. and it never got any cooler, especially as the hot students packed the room. Of course, the kids always complained, and I had lots of fans, but finally I told them that, "Yes, this is the hottest room in school, and that makes me the hottest teacher." Which of course totally grossed them out, thinking about another meaning of hot, and that would not be possible for Ms. Nerdy Mimi to be the hottest teacher. As a matter of fact, one time a student said, "Uh, no, that would be Ms. Goody Two Shoes."

Now I much prefer hot over cold. I love the summer, will lay out in my lawn chair on these really hot days, and just bask in the heat. I take along my water, and make sure to take some breaks, but the heat is a good thing! I'm NOT complaining about the summer heat, you will never find me doing that.

It's just the sweating thing. I mean sometimes I'll be hot, out shopping and look down and my t-shirt is wet between my boobs. This is not to say, nor even slightly intimate that I have a large chest, much the opposite. So, why is it necessary for sweat to pool there? I mean isn't there some sort of biological law that prohibits old ladies from sweating and calling attention to their bust? And, then there's the sweat running down the back, and, well, you get where that goes...just think about your last anatomy lesson and you'll figure it out.

I always used to think this would stop eventually, you know I'd be in menopause for 10 years or so, and then it would go away...but no, there seems to be no light at the end of this very hot tunnel, or perhaps there is, and it's a heat lamp. Whatever, I'm going to take my sweaty self into the living room, dial up the air conditioner now....cool....yeah, I'm cool......

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if it's because I'm exhausted and therefore have very little self control when it comes to humor.... But this had me nearly peeing my pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about that! What can I say!?

    ReplyDelete